Friday, January 27, 2017

Spring Shawl

If you follow me on Instagram, you will have seen this one already. I thought I'd add a couple of extra photos.
Spring Shawl
The pattern is the "Spring" shawl by Bernadette Ambergen. I have used one of her patterns before and loved it. I love this one too. I'm not an overly experienced crocheter. This looks harder than it is.

I was, once again, amazed by the difference blocking can make.

Here is the shawl before blocking, all curly and too small:
Spring Shawl
I blocked it by getting it really wet,
Spring Shawl
rolling it in a towel to get as much of the moisture out as possible,
Spring Shawl
Spring Shawl
and pinning it down in the correct shape and size.
Spring Shawl
Voila!
Spring Shawl
Spring Shawl

3 comments:

  1. Amazing! It has been so cold here this winter that I have started wearing sweatshirts around the house. This shawl would be so much prettier!

    ReplyDelete