Friday, January 29, 2016

Happy Hexies

If you've been following Twiddletails on Instagram, you know that I've been working hard on a little hexagon quilt.
Back in August of 2014 (where does time go?), I was all set to organize a hex-along but then life got in the way.

When I was getting ready for our recent trip to Miami, I was looking for little handwork projects to take with and dug the project back out of the WIP bin.
The problem was I wasn't feeling the fabric choices any more.
Just too pastel-y for my current tastes.
Daisy Chain  - 8/19/14
I was a little loathe to start from scratch, but working on something you're not in love with isn't fun either. I liked some of the fabrics and thought I could maybe "undo" some of it and save part of my work. Not so. These hexies were made to stay!

So...I started over.
The pink flowers are staying.
IMG_5473
The turquoises (and the greens) are changing.
IMG_5502
I'm still planning a hex-along somewhere in the future but I feel like I should get a little further along first. Just in case I change my mind again.

No comments:

Post a Comment